Developed by academic health center leaders and other experts, The Transformation of Academic Health Centers: Meeting the Challenges of Healthcare’s Changing Landscape is now available click here to order.
The book provides comprehensive and forward-thinking perspectives that are of deep value to those who lead and work at academic health centers as well as those interested in the future of health professions education, biomedical and clinical research, and patient care and population health.
The book consists of 25 chapters that include compelling case studies, professional best practices, and provocative assessments, and is divided into four main sections: (I) The Evolution of the Academic Health Center; (II) Educating the Future Health Workforce; (III) The Challenge of Discovery; and (IV) Preparing for Health System Change.
A broad array of timely topics are addressed; each chapter, while effective as a stand-alone piece, adds to what is essentially a comprehensive text book for the field. The chapters are insightful and informative and come to fruition at this critical time for academic health centers.
Click here to order now.
- Harnessing patient-centered efforts
- Confronting the future of GME
- Healthcare market consolidation
- Administering funding models
- Research efficiency and novel discovery processes
- Forthcoming technologies
- Innovative education examples
- Leaders as business managers
- Essential applications for big data
- Future institutional directions/universal lessons
- Addressing social determinants of health
- Informed and compelling diversity models
- Aligned interprofessional education
- A new order for accreditation policy
The book retails for $99.95
0-1 copy: Free
2-5 copies: $10
More than 5 copies and international shipping please contact us .