As a capstone to the AAHC Regional Roundtable Series on GME, the AAHC and the GW Health Workforce Institute co-hosted a panel discussion entitled GME: Where Do We Go from Here? held December 12, 2016. Leading experts discussed the findings of the AAHC Roundtable Series and considered potential next steps for policy makers with respect to this critical program.
Donald Berwick, former Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services CMS, past president of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, and co-chair of the Institute of Medicine Consensus Report on GME (Governance and Finance of Graduate Medical Education)
- Victor Dzau, President, National Academy of Medicine
- Karen Fisher, Chief Public Policy Officer, Association of American Medical Colleges
- Steven Wartman, President and CEO of the Association of Academic Health Centers
- Gail Wilensky, Senior Fellow at Project Hope, and co-chair of the Institute of Medicine Consensus Report on GME
- Panel Moderator: Fitzhugh Mullan, Co-Director of the GW University Health Workforce Institute
Archived live stream of the event: