AAHC CONNECT delivers timely and relevant topical events, virtual meetings, webinars, roundtables, and other online programming for the academic health center community.
For detailed information about an upcoming online program or webinar and/or to register please see the specific Upcoming Session below. Past webinars can be found on our Archived Webinars page. Additional AAHC/I meeting information also can be found on our Meetings page.
AAHCI Webinar Series | Innovation in Health Professions Education
This session kickstarted the "Innovation in Health Professions" series with a focus on The Leading role of Academic Health Centers in Simulation and Patient Safety. The series provides a forum for sharing innovative ideas, models, and programs; and brought together academic health center leaders, experts from around the world, and guests.
VIEW RECORDING HERE
- Paul E. Phrampus, MD, CPE, Director of the Winter Institute for Simulation, Education and Research (WISER ), and professor in the Departments of Emergency Medicine and Anesthesiology at the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC (USA)
- Allie Karshenas, PHD, MSc., CLDir (ASCP), SS/BB, Associate Vice President of Clinical Research Operations and Institutional Advancement, Associate Vice President for the Global Engagements Office (GEO) at Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences, and Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Systems & Policies at the School of Pharmacy in West Virginia University (WVU) (USA)
- Suresh Pillai, MBBS S'pore, FRCS (Edn) A&E, PBM Associate Professor/Senior Consultant of Emergency Medicine Department at National University Hospital, Director of Centre for Healthcare Simulation, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore (NUS), and Senior Consultant of Emergency Preparedness and Response Division, Public Health Group, Ministry of Health (Singapore)
- Matthew Charnetski, Director, Simulation-Based Education and Research, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (USA) and PhD student at Maastricht University (The Netherlands)
- Facilitator: Luciano Saso, PhD, Faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine, Vice-Rector, Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)
The Innovation in Health Professions series continues with a focus on Digital Solutions at the Intersection of Health and Education. This 90-minute session will provide a forum for sharing innovative ideas, models, and programs; and brings together academic health center leaders, experts from around the world, and guests.
- John Mahoney, MD, MS, Mahoney Medical School Accreditation Consultants, LLC (USA)
- Nadine Hachach-Haram, FRCS (Plast), BEM, Consultant Plastic Surgeon and Head of Clinical Innovation at Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust; Founder and CEO, Proximie (UK)
- Jumana Antoun, MD, MS, CPHIMS, Associate Professor of Family Medicine, the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC ) (Lebanon)
- Elene Khalil, MD, CM, FRCPC, FAAP, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Montreal Children’s Hospital; Director of Education, McGill University Health Center (MUHC) (Canada)
- Facilitator:Luciano Saso, PhD, Faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine, Vice-Rector, Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)
Find your local timezone here