AAHC CONNECT delivers timely and relevant topical events, virtual meetings, webinars, roundtables, and other online programming for the academic health center community.
For detailed information about an upcoming online program or webinar and/or to register please see the specific Upcoming Session below. Past webinars can be found on our Archived Webinars page. Additional AAHC/I meeting information also can be found on our Meetings page.
AAHCI Webinar Series | Innovation in Health Professions Education
This session kickstarts the Innovation in Health Professions series with a focus on The Leading role of Academic Health Centers in Simulation and Patient Safety. The series provides a forum for sharing innovative ideas, models, and programs; and brings together academic health center leaders, experts from around the world, and guests.
- Paul E. Phrampus, MD, CPE, Director of the Winter Institute for Simulation, Education and Research (WISER ), and professor in the Departments of Emergency Medicine and Anesthesiology at the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC (USA)
- Allie Karshenas, PHD, MSc., CLDir (ASCP), SS/BB, Associate Vice President of Clinical Research Operations and Institutional Advancement, Associate Vice President for the Global Engagements Office (GEO) at Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences, and Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Systems & Policies at the School of Pharmacy in West Virginia University (WVU) (USA)
- Suresh Pillai, MBBS S'pore, FRCS (Edn) A&E, PBM Associate Professor/Senior Consultant of Emergency Medicine Department at National University Hospital, Director of Centre for Healthcare Simulation, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore (NUS), and Senior Consultant of Emergency Preparedness and Response Division, Public Health Group, Ministry of Health (Singapore)
- Matthew Charnetski, Director, Simulation-Based Education and Research, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (USA) and PhD student at Maastricht University (The Netherlands)
- Facilitator: Luciano Saso, PhD, Faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine, Vice-Rector, Sapienza University of Rome (Italy)
Find your local timezone here
AAHCI EA Webinar
Sharing experiences and best practices from Eastern Africa
The AAHCI Eastern Africa Regional office host, the Aga Khan University (AKU ) Medical College East Africa, will be hosting a webinar on Diagnostic, Management, and Preventive Measures of COVID-19, sharing unique experiences from members in the region. This webinar will focus on how the fragile healthcare systems in Eastern Africa have been saturated since the first cases of COVID-19 were reported.
- Reena Shah, MD, MSc, Associate Professor, Consultant Physician & Infectious Diseases Specialist, Department of Medicine, the Aga Khan University Medical College East Africa, Kenya
- Menelas Nkeshimana, MD, PhD, Internal Medicine Physician, Head of Accident and Emergency Department, University Teaching Hospital of Kiigali, COVID-19 Front-liner in Rwanda and Clinical Lecturer, University of Rwanda, Rwanda
- Esayas Kebede Gudina, MD, DTMH, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Medical Sciences, Jimma University Teaching Hospital, Ethiopia
- Tang Kejing, PhD, Deputy Director of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, and Deputy Director of Infectious Diseases, the First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University, China
- Facilitator:Evans I. Amukoye, MD, Senior Principal Scientist & Acting Director Scientific Programs, Partnership and Grant Management, Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), Kenya
Find your local timezone here .