AAHCI, in partnership with the AAHCI Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Regional Office host, University of Sao Paulo Medical School (FMUSP), is supporting this initiative in the LAC region - the first region to launch the initiative - and invited medical students from member institutions in the LAC region to submit proposals sharing innovative ideas on virtual medical education.
The AAHCI LAC Regional Office announced the first call for proposals on Virtual Medical Education in the LAC region in November 2020. The participating AAHCI institutions in the LAC region include:
- Clínica Universidad de La Sabana (Colombia)
- Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu – Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP) (Brazil)
- TecSalud, Tecnologico de Monterrey (Mexico)
- Universidad del Rosario (Colombia)
- University of Sao Paulo Medical School (FMUSP) (Brazil)
The following student submissions received top remarks and were selected to present their ideas at the AAHC 2021 Global Innvoation Forum (GIF):
- TecSalud Monterrey: Submission on Frontiers in Global Health
- Universidad de la Sabana: Submission on How COVID 19 helped us Discover New Resources in Medical Education
- University of Sao Paulo: Submission on MEDnasNUVENS - Optimized Medical Education Model
- University of Sao Paulo: Submission on Bringing Teachers and Students Together in the COVID-19 Pandemic
Finalists were announced in a press release here and a compendium with all abstracts submitted by participating institutions is being published.
To learn more about eligibility and the selection process for ASLI, please contact AAHCI.