Members of the Senior Administrative/Fiscal Officers Executive Leadership Group
AAHC and AAHCI work closely with members through Executive Leadership Groups (ELGs), comprising key members of academic health center leadership teams.
Through specialized communications and meetings coordinated by AAHC and AAHCI, members of the ELGs network, collaborate, and share their expertise and experiences to address issues of concern with their peers. AAHC and AAHCI are open to creating additional groups as suggested by the membership.
Executive Leadership Groups
- Senior Administrative/Fiscal Officers
The Senior Administrative/Fiscal Officers (SAFO) group is dedicated to increasing communication and information sharing on key financial and administrative issues relevant to academic health centers. SAFO members meet annually to discuss common issues, network, and share best practices.
- To learn more about or register for an upcoming SAFO meeting, or to learn about recently held meetings, please visit the Meetings & Events page.
- To learn more about the SAFO group and your eligibility to join click here.
- Vice Presidents for Research
The mission of the Vice Presidents for Research (VPR) is to share best practices with regard to research issues, structures, management, and organization. Members examine the roles and responsibilities of VPRs within the academic health center and the university, and foster inter-institutional collaboration. VPRs hold an annual meeting dedicated to research issues of rising concern and relevance.
- To learn more about or register for an upcoming Research Meeting, or to learn about recently held meetings, please visit the Meetings & Events page.
- To learn more about the VPR group and your eligibility to join click here.
- Chief Academic Officers
The Chief Academic Officers (CAO) group is dedicated to increasing communication and information sharing on key academic, accreditation, and education issues for academic health centers.
The AAHC CAO group meets quarterly via an online discussion focused on common interests including interprofessional education, the future of the healthcare workforce, and other topical concerns. The group convened for the first time during at a roundtable held prior to the 2017 AAHC Annual Meeting. Funded by AAHC partner Elsevier, this meeting was held under the auspices of the AAHC Thought Leadership Institute
- To learn more about the CAO group and your eligibility to join click here.
- Chief Health Security Officers
The Chief Health Security Officers (CHSO) executive leadership group fosters inter-institutional collaboration while exploring the roles and responsibilities of health security officers at academic health centers. Although titles and position descriptions vary, these individuals often have institution-wide responsibilities for preparedness for, response to, and recovery from events that can adversely impact the health status of individuals, communities, and populations. If interested in joining or to learn more about the CHSO group, click here.
- Government Relations Network
The Government Relations Network (GRN) is dedicated to providing a venue for an open exchange of ideas and dialogue regarding a broad array of government relations issues specific to academic health centers.
- To learn more about the GRN group and your eligibility to join click here.
- Global Programs Network
The Global Programs Network (GPN) is comprised of individuals in senior management positions who oversee their institution's global activities. The GPN shares global networking and exchange programs; best practices and success stories; and explores additional resources and information on global operations, legal implications, and international collaboration.
- The GPN has access to the AAHC International Collaborations Database. For instructions on how to create a profile and use this database, click here.
- The GPN meets annually at the AAHC Global Innovation Forum (GIF). To learn more or register for the upcoming GIF, please visit the meetings and events page.
- If you are interested in joining this group please contact us.