During the last decade, academic health centers have begun to incorporate a variety of online platforms into their curricula.
Online platforms offer a number of potential advantages, including (but not limited to):
- Standardization of curricula and teaching methods
- Reduction in the number of instructors required, which creates competition that improves the quality of instruction
- Faculty time can focus on direct interaction with students rather than lecturing
- Students can access lectures on a flexible schedule
- Providing global access and perspectives
Among the challenges of such an approach is working with accreditation bodies to ensure equal or better education results than traditional classrooms.
More Information and Related Topics: