- Workforce planning
- Advocate for a national approach;
- Develop and redesign workforce legislation;
- Promote movement toward uniform state standards in licensure for all the professions; and,
- Promote coordinated state and federal planning with academic health center leadership.
- Develop and strengthen the nation’s science agenda to ensure international preeminence and reinforce the nation’s research infrastructure, with a focus on:
- Harmonizing and rationalizing the regulatory environment;
- Protecting intellectual property; and,
- Preserving and sustaining the research infrastructure, particularly during disasters.