The 2018 AAHC Annual Meeting, themed Envisioning the Future of Academic Health Centers, was held on October 11-12, 2018 at The Gwen Hotel in Chicago, IL.
The annual meeting focused on ways academic health centers are planning for the future, including structural shifts at academic health centers and the evolving tripartite mission (research, education, clinical care). Topics included:
- aligning research and patient care;
- strategic assessments and academic health center management;
- disruptive technologies in healthcare;
- structural and systemic change; and
- aligning health professions education with patient care needs.
The AAHC Annual Meeting is designed for current and aspiring academic health center leaders, and is open to all faculty and staff from AAHC member institutions. The meeting is an excellent opportunity for peer-to-peer networking, exchanging ideas, and sharing best practices.