- AAHC and AAHCI lead their members in anticipating how healthcare will be transformed in the 21st century and provide guidance to be successful in the highly challenging healthcare environment. AAHC and AAHCI bring a uniquely strategic, integrative, multi-professional and multi-disciplinary perspective to consideration of the many health-related issues facing the U.S. and health systems globally.
- Academic health centers are increasingly seeking better alignment among their three key missions: health professions education; biomedical and clinical research; and patient care/population health. AAHC and AAHCI are the only organizations representing all of these missions for both fully developed and developing academic health centers.
- AAHC and AAHCI offer members a global network of academic health center leaders, innovative programs, public relations and advocacy support, informational resources and analytics, and opportunities for professional development.
Criteria to Join
- Membership in AAHC and AAHCI is institution-based. The membership year is July 1-June 30.
- Academic health centers eligible for membership are accredited, degree-granting institutions of higher education that educate a wide variety of healthcare professionals; offer comprehensive basic and advanced patient care; and conduct a broad spectrum of biomedical and health services research. They must include: an allopathic or osteopathic school of medicine; at least one other health professions school or program (such as allied health, dentistry, graduate studies, nursing, pharmacy, public health, and veterinary medicine); and one or more owned or affiliated teaching hospitals, health systems, or other organized healthcare services.
- International membership has additional options for emerging institutions that are not yet ready for full membership.
To join or for more information:
US-based institutions interested in membership may contact the AAHC by phone, 202-265-9600, or by email.
International institutions can apply here: International Application